For more information on what it's like to work at Instil please see our careers page.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Belfast, working with us on building bespoke software solutions using a variety of new and exciting technologies.
As an in-house Senior Engineer at Instil, you will have a keen eye for detail and quality which should be reflected in your outputs. You will have an ability to pick up new technologies in a fast-paced environment as well as leading teams and working with internal and external Stakeholders.
You should be a confident and independent engineer with the ability to write and execute exceptional code, tests and see projects through from start to finish. You will be pro-active in mentoring younger staff and taking on a Project Lead role. You will be exposed to various unique training opportunities and be involved in our frequent social tech events around Northern Ireland such as Bash
- You will collaborate with our team to develop complex software solutions to production
- Pro-actively contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability
- Mentor younger staff and peers
- Lead Projects from a senior level, including dealing with backlogs, leasing with clients
- Ensure that a consistent level of communication is upheld with team members and stakeholders
- Research, evaluate and implement new technologies that help improve how we work
- You will have a minimum of 5 years experience in the software industry
- You will have a Computer Science / Software Engineering degree, or similar
- You will have a strong understanding of programming and testing and have well-formed opinions on such
- You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You will have a great work ethic and a strong desire to learn and improve
- You will have evidence of taking a leadership role in a technical team to deliver software to market
- You will have evidence of dealing with external clients and other technical teams to orchestrate a seamless delivery
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Evidence of contribution to a personal or open source project
You will be expected to work in some or all of the following technologies
- Java / C# / C++
- Dropwizard / Spring
- Docker, Kubernetes
- iOS / Android / Xamarin
You get to choose your own tools, including laptop, IDE and general setup. Don't worry if you cannot tick all the boxes; as long as you have a strong programming background and have insatiable curiousity, we know you'll pick things up quickly. For more information on applying and what it's like to work at Instil, see the careers page.
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of our open positions then please:
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telling us why you'd be a good fit
We would delighted to hear from you, even if you don't see a suitable role today.Apply