For more information on what it's like to work at Instil please see our careers page.
We are looking for Software and Senior Software Engineers to join our team in Belfast, working with us on building bespoke cloud and mobile software solutions.
As an in-house Engineer at Instil, you will have a keen eye for detail and quality which should be reflected in your outputs. You will have an ability to pick up new technologies in a fast-paced environment as well as leading teams and working with internal and external stakeholders.
You should be a confident and independent engineer with the ability to write and execute exceptional code, tests and see projects through from start to finish. You will be pro-active in mentoring younger staff and taking on a Project Lead role. You will be exposed to various unique training opportunities and be involved in our frequent social tech events around Northern Ireland such as Bash
What you'll be doing
- You will collaborate with the rest of our team to develop complex software solutions to production and to meet our client’s expectations
- You will pro-actively contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, knowledge sharing and responsible code
- You’ll be the “Mentor” for more junior staff and peers
- You’ll be given autonomy to lead projects from a senior level, including dealing with backlogs and leasing with clients
- You will ensure that a consistent level of communication is upheld with team members and stakeholders
- You will research, evaluate and implement new technologies that help improve how we work
Who you are
- You will have a minimum of 3-4 years experience in the software industry
- You will have a Computer Science / Software Engineering degree, or relevant experience
- You will have a strong understanding of programming and testing and have well-formed opinions on such
- You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You will have a great work ethic and a strong desire to learn and improve
- You will have evidence of taking a leadership role in a technical team to deliver software to market
- You will have evidence of dealing with external clients and other technical teams to orchestrate a seamless delivery
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Evidence of contribution to a personal or open source project
You will be expected to work in some or all of the following technologies
- Java / C# / C++ / Swift
- Spring / Spring Boot / Dropwizard
- Docker, Kubernetes
- iOS / Android / Xamarin
What you'll get
We believe that Instil is a truly challenging and rewarding place to work. You’ll be given the autonomy to map out your own career path, with the freedom to choose your own tools, including laptop, IDE and general setup.
In addition we offer tech days for innovation and experimentation and a whole host of other benefits such as childcare vouchers and company trips.
Don't worry if you cannot tick all the boxes; as long as you have a strong programming background and have insatiable curiosity, we know you'll pick things up quickly. For more information on applying and what it's like to work at Instil, see the careers page.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Closing Date - 31st March 2017
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of our open positions then please:
- Send your CV to email@example.com
- Telling us why you'd be a good fit
We would delighted to hear from you, even if you don't see a suitable role today.Apply
Don't see your role?
We are always eager to hear from those who think they would be a good fit. If your desired role isn't advertised above, don't worry, our door is always open. Why not email us a CV with a blurb about why you are applying.